Monday, July 28, 2008

The Scarlet Thread

I finished it! It has been a great last couple days of being kind of shelled up in a good book and what a great book it has been, but I am so happy to have it read. I know that sounds crazy, but reading is like an addiction to me. I can think of few other things that get done when I am in the middle of reading a good book. I don't think I have seen the sun for a while so today when I finally finished it, I went outside just to remember what it looked like. Just kidding about that last part.
Really, I just got done reading The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers. She is a wonderful author that writes historical fiction. She used to be a romance writer and about twenty years ago became a christian. I am glad she did! I am kind of bummed though because there is only one of her books that I have not read yet. I don't think she is actively writing anymore. The end is near so I will have to read her others again. No really, I really try to only read a book every now and then these days, I know that sounds crazy because reading is supposed to be good for the brain, but sometimes even things that are good for you can be a hindrance. That's my recent opinion about books. So I will not be posting another opinion about a book for a while.
If anyone is interested, the book is very good and kind of parallels two women's lives. One woman was living during the 1850's and was on the Oregon Train, and the other had her entire world uprooted when her husband decided on a sudden career change. To make matters short, it had history, romance, good character build-up and a great story line. If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know!

No comments: